- Frances Bruyns just donated $100
- Tim Turner just donated $105
- Margareta Linko just donated $10
- Sonia just donated $52.50
- Julie just donated $26.25
- Birthday Boy just donated $25
- Anne just donated $105
- Heather Andrea McLaren just donated $100
- Harrison Wyatt and Anna Graham just donated $200
- Elizabeth Weeks just donated $150
- Margaret & Rob Thorburn just donated $210
- Harvey just donated $20
- Lee just donated $10
- Tim just donated $100
- Edward just donated $50
- William just donated $100
- Emmaline just donated $200
- Mike & Helen just donated $26.25
- Rebecca just donated $40
- Michael Luscombe just donated $26.25
Your Goal Can Achieve Wonders
Move Your Way
Move your body with your favourite exercise – walk, run, pole! Get your heart pumping. We're in this together to support health in our community.
Join us for the whole month in our virtual format, join us at one of four in-person Meet Ups throughout the month... or participate in both!
Tracking is Easy
Track your moves with your Strava or Fitbit app - or manually enter your details. Keep track and share your progress throughout the month. Your friends and family can follow along and support your goal.
Make a Difference
With Your Impact
We have a goal of raising $75,000 to support equipment and education for the Healthy Aging Program, a holistic outpatient program provided by the Rehab Unit at the West Parry Sound Health Centre. It is a model of care that supports healthy aging with a community approach that includes safe exercise and healthy eating.
How it works
Sign up and set your movement and "FUNraising" goals as an:
- Social Team
- Work Team
- Family Team
2. SHARE & ASK YOUR FRIENDS TO SUPPORT YOU
Tell everyone that you’re leaving your limits behind and ask for their support to build a healthy community.
3. READY, SET…GO!
Track your activity and challenge yourself throughout the month of May.
4. JOIN A "MEET UP"
Community is powerful - join us for one of FOUR in-person Meet Ups to acknowledge your progress and gather with friends and family. We are moving for a healthy community! Click here to learn more about the Meet Ups.
Join us for any of the four "Meet Up" sites throughout the region in May
Monday, May 1
Sunday, May 7
Wednesday, May 17
Sunday, May 28
Pointe au Baril
Our Event Sponsors
When does this event start?
This is a hybrid event! There are two main components: the month-long virtual movement challenge and four in-person Meet Ups that take place at various locations throughout the month.
Virtual Movement Challenge
The virtual component happens between May 1st - May 31th, 2023. This can take place at any location of your choosing!
Set a personal movement goal for the month of May. Sync your fitness device (Fitbit or Strava) to our platform or log-in to record your daily movement. Compete against other participants or members of your team. Get your heart beating and have fun!
In-Person Meet Ups
Community is powerful.
Join us for any of the FOUR in-person Meet Ups taking place throughout the month:
1. Monday, May 1, 2023 (time TBC) at the West Parry Sound Health Centre
2. Sunday, May 7, 2023 (time TBC) at the Rosseau Nurse-Practitioner Led Clinic
3. Wednesday, May 17, 2023 (time TBC) at the Whitestone Nurse-Practitioner Led Clinic
4. Sunday, May 28, 2023 (time TBC) at the Pointe au Baril Nurse-Practitioner Led Clinic
When can I make my moves?
Participants can start tracking their movement on May 1st.
Those who register before that date will have their fitness stats reset at midnight on April 30th so we all start fresh together on May 1st!
For the rest of the month, you can walk, run, or MOVE your body however and whenever you'd like! Set a movement goal and track towards that goal throughout May.
What am I fundraising for?
This year, donations will help upgrade equipment in the Rehab Program at the West Parry Sound Health Centre.
The Healthy Aging Program offered at the Rehab Unit is a holistic and comprehensive outpatient approach. This approach to healthy aging encompasses a community approach to safe exercise, healthy eating, group participation empowering participants to socialize: challenging and inspiring each other through a healthy lifestyle.
Any pledges collected above and beyond our goal will be designated to the next highest priority of the Health Centre.
Is there a minimum fundraising amount required to participate?
There is no minimum fundraising amount.
Set a goal. Go for it... blow past it!
But pledges count - big time! We need you to gather as many pledges as you can. It is all about health. Moving your body every day boosts your health... collecting pledges helps us build a healthy community.
Every dollar raised helps enhance care at the West Parry Sound Health Centre and that is what it is all about!
Am I eligible to earn a prize?
Participants who raise more than $300.00 will earn a special gift from us.
There are two prizes available:
- The Chilly Moose 20oz (590ml) Killarney Tumbler is double-wall vacuum insulated and made with premium food-grade stainless steel. Includes a clear, flip-top spill-resistant lid. Limited quantities available.
- Our eco-friendly, re-usable Parry Sound Places tote bag proudly displays popular local landmarks, with a durable yet lightweight cotton material.
How can I sponsor a participant on the website?
Click 'donate' and search for the participant you'd like to support.
Having troubles finding them? Contact us at the the WPSHC Foundation office at 705-746-4540 ext 3345.